Team MoFo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Soada's Lame Rant (closed)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

Soada's Lame Rant (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Soada's Lame Rant (closed)   Soada's Lame Rant (closed) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 2:30 pm

my new baby
http://www.musicswopshop.com.au/images/stockImages/DSCN4527-MSS%203751.JPG

Edit: Come on man, less gay subjects. Nice Amp though!
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

PostSubject: Re: Soada's Lame Rant (closed)   Soada's Lame Rant (closed) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:46 am

i just got pwned
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: Soada's Lame Rant (closed)   Soada's Lame Rant (closed) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:20 am

wat

Soadaholic Edit: Seriously Guys, Please put more effort into your posts, this place is turning bad.. eg no one word responces, edit your posts, Titles that people can understand... and no grave digging.

Not picking on this thread or anything it was the first I found that tipped me over the edge.

Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Soada's Lame Rant (closed)   Soada's Lame Rant (closed) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:50 am

at least we are using the forum... if soada doesn't like the threads then he doesn't have to read them...lol
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: Soada's Lame Rant (closed)   Soada's Lame Rant (closed) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 6:24 am

Bobbin wrote:
wat

Soadaholic Edit: Seriously Guys, Please put more effort into your posts, this place is turning bad.. eg no one word responces, edit your posts, Titles that people can understand... and no grave digging.

Not picking on this thread or anything it was the first I found that tipped me over the edge.

Hey, now I think that I do a pretty good job on the forums. This is the only one-word post that comes to mind, and I only said it because it seemed like Foxy was just rambling jokingly, so I joked along with a stupid response. Granted, point taken, but you also have to appreciate stupid joke topics every once in a while. It's the internet, there's always going to be some troll o-rather there to stupid it up. pirat
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

PostSubject: Re: Soada's Lame Rant (closed)   Soada's Lame Rant (closed) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:24 am

Bobbin wrote:

Hey, now I think that I do a pretty good job on the forums. This is the only one-word post that comes to mind, and I only said it because it seemed like Foxy was just rambling jokingly, so I joked along with a stupid response. Granted, point taken, but you also have to appreciate stupid joke topics every once in a while. It's the internet, there's always going to be some troll o-rather there to stupid it up. pirat

Dude, like I said, I'm not picking on you, I'm just saying... Maybe I should put in a 20 Char min or something.

I'm not attacking anyone here as I think everyone does a good job here, but I think a few simple rules will make this place a whole lot better.

And JACK:

The problem is I like most of these threads! I just have a problem with one word anwsers and "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" as the subject to threads.

Also, digging and one word answers make the thread post set to new posts, so I go into it and find its just someone just saying "lol" or something in a thread that is 3 months old... Rule should be, unless your adding something informative to an old thread (say a month old) don't dig it up.

Sure if you wanna make it funny, by all means, But thats just stupid and looks bad (remember General can be read by anyone, so I'm trying to maintain a standard here.. )

</Rant>
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Soada's Lame Rant (closed)   Soada's Lame Rant (closed) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 11:04 am

to me (and i don't mean to be rude Razz) you just sound like your being lazy. lol.

i don't really see whats is wrong with one worded responses it take minamal time to read (obviously) and this site is pretty quick to navigate around soo it doesn't take all that long.

IF you did put rules i would say put rules on the clan only stuff, this is the stuff that matters not all the general bullshit, i'm sure some people probably just go on to the forum just to click on the clan only stuff anyway.

i do agree with digging old posts, so DELETE THEM... its not like we are going to miss them. and if we do then someone can just make a new topic with the same name... for example most of the old scrim votes, role call etc can be deleted. if some of the info in them is important then write it down somewhere so you can refer back to it later.

with the subject name as "mmmmmmmmmmmm" why does this matter? you obviously read all new post on the site as i do or try to do so you are going to go into it no matter what it is called... oh well, i'm gonna stop typing now.

i'm interested in where this argument is going to go... i should be on the debating team Smile
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

PostSubject: Re: Soada's Lame Rant (closed)   Soada's Lame Rant (closed) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Jack wrote:
to me (and i don't mean to be rude Razz) you just sound like your being lazy. lol.

No Jack, Lazy would be doing nothing about it.

Quick Question for you Jack, how many forums do you participate in regularly ? Becuase most (good ones) apply the same rules as I have just gone through and usually have heaps of moderators to clean up content and delete post etc.

Jack wrote:

i don't really see whats is wrong with one worded responses it take minamal time to read (obviously) and this site is pretty quick to navigate around soo it doesn't take all that long.

There are a few things that annoy me about one word responses/pointless responses:

(Note: Saying "in" or "yes" to a war is perfectly fine, thats not what I have a problem with)

1. Takes up space on the site.

2. Makes it harder to find things on the site (maybe a certain post or something)

3. Threads become 5 pages when really they should only be 1 or 2.

4. Looks messy, if someone wants to join us and sees threads with 50 responses with just yes and lol and such they will think will are all 12 and might not join.

5. Wastes everyones time as they all see it as a new post, but really its a nothing post.

Jack wrote:

IF you did put rules i would say put rules on the clan only stuff, this is the stuff that matters not all the general bullshit, i'm sure some people probably just go on to the forum just to click on the clan only stuff anyway.

See above points... the clan only stuff so far has been mostly fine.. I'm just trying to maintain a standard here.

Jack wrote:

i do agree with digging old posts, so DELETE THEM... its not like we are going to miss them. and if we do then someone can just make a new topic with the same name... for example most of the old scrim votes, role call etc can be deleted. if some of the info in them is important then write it down somewhere so you can refer back to it later.

Why? You dont make much sense? Why would I write down old info and delete a thread, if I could just leave it on the site with it time stamped and in its original form? The idea of a forum is it will almost be like a history... not to mention some great places for useful information later on down the track..

You make an interesting point though, your solution to the problem is to cut off a limb rather than try to heal it....

Jack wrote:

with the subject name as "mmmmmmmmmmmm" why does this matter? you obviously read all new post on the site as i do or try to do so you are going to go into it no matter what it is called... oh well, i'm gonna stop typing now.

Well, I made a joke firstly, do you think changing the title to I'm a douche is a better title? I was just making a funny point that silly titles where it almost breaks the thread title list is lame. Foxy got it thats as far as this needed to go really.. But I think I will get together with the other leaders and make some rules as put them up on the site (even thought I thought they were already there)

Jack wrote:

i should be on the debating team Smile

No you shouldn't, you suck at it Razz

-Soada

----Thread Closed as this has gone on too long-----
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soada's Lame Rant (closed)   Soada's Lame Rant (closed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soada's Lame Rant (closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team MoFo Forums :: General :: General-
Jump to: