Team MoFo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

hunting?

Go down 
+3
SOaDaholic
pimaster
Jack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:45 pm

seem like the forums are not being used??? where are all the new post grrr...
oh well i'll just make a new topic.

just wondering if any of you mofos are hunters??? if so, what do you hunt? where do you hunt? what weaponary do you use? etc...

i hunt foxes, rabbits, kangaroos and that about it. don't do duck shooting or anything like that, i do some clay target shooting on the odd occasion.

as for where i hunt, mainly around where i live which is Pyalong (the place to be Smile) this is central victoria basically. plenty of vemin (foxes and rabbits) and some roos (which i only shoot if allowed by the farmer)

and

WEAPONARY...

.22 good rabbit killer.
hunting? 22

shotgun also a rabbit killer. have killed a fox with it also... its a berretta single barrel. it was my grandfathers and it kicks like a fucking mule... anyway i'm looking to buy an under and over shotgun which will be sweet...

hunting? Shotty

and
my
baby
and
first
gun
.223 fox and roo killer...
sweet rifle shot a fox from around 250m

hunting? 223

and the ammo they take from right to left is
.22, .223, shotgun(obvious)

hunting? Ammo

the .223 ammunition is actually the same sort they use in the army for their assault rifles, i was just over at hubnesters place and noticed that the ammo that the assault rifle on fallout 3 is 5.56 (i think) which is the same as a .223 round.

basically the caliber is the diameter of the projectile therefore a .223 caliber bullet means that the diameter is .223 of an inch, then by multiplaying .223 by an inch (25 millimeters) you get 5.575 or something, which is close to 5.56.
the difference between a .22 and a .223 is that the .22 has less powder behind the projectile therefore less velocity and less momentum and will drop a lot quicker that a .223. you'll see the difference in the picture ^^.
so
you can see that the diameter and therefore caliber are similar but the .223 has more powder behind it.

hmm... ok i hope you get that...

i've got a picture of a young fox i shot the other day please don't click the link and then go off at me for posting the link... if you don't like to see dead stuff then don't click the link please.

Fox and Rifle

cheers.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:47 pm

one more weapon...

hunting? Bow

got another 2 bows as well. don't use them often though.
Back to top Go down
pimaster
Site Admin
Site Admin
pimaster

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 2:35 pm

My brother just got his gun license, so he is in the picking and choosing stage.
I was going to go for mine, but decided that I couldn't bare to bring myself to do anything with the carcasses except leave them there. I'm a bit of a clean freak.
Which would mean that I would be wasting the point of owning a gun.

I'll let you know what he gets when he gets it (/them)
Back to top Go down
http://pimaster.byteclub.net/
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: JAck on latest hunting trip   hunting? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:03 pm

JAck on latest hunting trip

hunting? Redneck_hunter
Back to top Go down
Socky
Chimp
Chimp
Socky

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:05 pm

Need them anti tank rifles to kill those rabbits

Steyr augs use 5.56x45mm NATO rounds. I think you can also buy steyr scouts in australia.
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:10 pm

why do people go hunting? i just don't understand. plz give me an explanation....
Back to top Go down
Socky
Chimp
Chimp
Socky

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:26 pm

I could never bring myself to shoot an animal.

SOaDaholic EDIT: Humans are not Animals are they?
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 5:17 am

The human/animal debate? Jesus, let's not go there.
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 6:53 am

no lets, come on xD
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:52 am

i don't really want to get in an argument here but...

rabbits and foxes are vermin... means they arn't meant to be in australia therefore we kill them... lol. and justification for killing roos is that they wreck fences and there are just a shitload of them.

it is human nature to kill btw, we've been killing shit for a long time aparently and when we see some poor little defenseless rabbit.... we turn them into a fine red mist... Smile kidding.

but yeah i can see where some people come from when they say how can you kill something that isn't doing anything to you personally, but it is actually really fun and takes skill to shoot and kill something first shot and that is what you aim for everytime. a one shot one kill IS the way to go. my aim everytime i go shooting is to do it safely and humanly. we don't shoot some big mother fucker roo in the leg and then leave him there to slowly die, we get there as quick as we can and finish him off.

and we do aim for head, this doesn't mean the bullet is going go exactly where you are aiming everytime. it takes practice to know where to aim, for example you may need to aim a little above the animal if its a fair distance away (and take in the coriolis effect Razz) otherwise you could hit the animal in the leg or stomach which will wound but not kill.

as
they
say

be polite
be efficient
have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

and
LOL SOADA.... nice!!
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:26 am

fair point, guns do have an appeal. but i think certain animals have a appeal -foxes have this appeal.
for example, when we got back from a holiday and found our 30 chickens dead with heads bitten off. so it could bury some and come back later to get the rest. i was happy i never like the fucking chickens
foxes are a much better animal look at how the have evolved, its sleek, fast, clever, stealthy and have a fucking awesome color.
but in saying this i am well aware of the damage the have done to.... the.........BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. i know so don't bother saying how wrong i am, becasue this is my opinion.
rabbits.... kill
roo's..... i don't care about
Back to top Go down
Socky
Chimp
Chimp
Socky

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:36 am

No senator soda, humans are not animals. SO lets go pew us some infected.

actually humans destabilised the Australian ecosystem, by destroying native wild life, introducing feral animals.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:53 am

Quote :
i was happy i never like the fucking chickens
firstly LOL^

Quote :
foxes are a much better animal look at how the have evolved, its sleek, fast, clever, stealthy and have a fucking awesome color.

as for this^^ i absolutely agree with you they are sleek, fast, clever, stealth and they're colour is pretty sweet. (yesterday we saw a bright orange one, pretty young)
but for these reasons above they are soo fun to hunt because they are very, very dificult to hunt. you need stealth and cunning yourself just to get within a couple hundred metres of one. most of the time you come across a fox by accident. but if you can go into a paddock and think about what you are doing, go up a creek a little way and sit in a tree or behind one then whistle for a while and know exactly where the fox is going to come out and then have one come out. it is a pretty good feeling..... then... you miss it... haha. good feeling goes... fox is over the next two hills probably two k's away by the time you but another bullet in the chamber.

it also always amazes me how a fox can get in and out of a chicken pen without a trace... i don't know if thats what happend at your place, but often enough all they leave is a few feathers.

Quote :
actually humans destabilised the Australian ecosystem, by destroying native wild life, introducing feral animals.

this is true and the bit about the introducing feral animals is the bit i'm rectifying lol...
in a sense...

doesn't seem to be any other shooters in mofo... cept light i know he hunts ocasionally as he was with me the other day shooting... we didn't shoot anything unfotunately... saw 4 foxes though and a shitload of roos and barely any rabbits.

anyway.
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:34 pm

ahhaahah. its a very reassuring thing to see that you respect what you hunt, that makes me respect you a fuck-load.
oh and the chicken pen we had was never very secure this is becasue when ever we fed them scraps E.g. old salad/bread.. ect, ect, the bloody goats would work out a master plan to bust in there (if you know goats they can get in/out of any where) so this would end up with many goat sized holes (dont ask me how a goat can get through wire i don't know). this would result in many dodgy patch-up jobs.
......i cut holes in the fence to let the foxes in (ehehehehe). but yes they could kill one without alerting the others.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:59 pm

you respecting me make me respec you.... Smile nah but seriously... lol... goats...
Back to top Go down
Cap'n Phish
Chimp
Chimp
Cap'n Phish

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 2:31 pm

I haven't been hunting in years

I was but a wee lass... er lad on holiday in New Caledonia.
Having earned my right to hunt deer that night by picking a gun up for the first time and shooting a metal bowl nigh on dead center from a bazillion meters away (I'm not entirely sure, but it was quite far).

anywho. I tripped and broke my front tooth and have never hunted since, out of fair my sexy would be diminished by another accident
Back to top Go down
http://instantrimshot.com/
Sponsored content

hunting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting?   hunting? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hunting?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team MoFo Forums :: General :: General-
Jump to: