Team MoFo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

a new computer...

Go down 
+6
Sabba
Cap'n Phish
SOaDaholic
Hubnester
theredfox
Jack
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:25 am

i need a new one... can anyone post up some price for a computer, as in post what specs it has and then a price for the lot. would be greatly, greatly apreciated. oh and where to get it... lol.
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:30 am

you can get great ones if you build it your self....(i am going to beat soad and thermal by saying)
go to MSY http://www.msy.com.au/
also on the first Sunday of every month there is a computer swap meet.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:35 am

to tell you the truth i've got no idea what i'm looking at on that site
i just want a full computer with good parts for a good price.
and i've heard of and probably will eventually go to msy but i want to know what i want before hand.
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:24 pm

How long is a piece of string and how much does it cost
How about some specifics...
Help us help you.

And if you want good specs for a good price you'll have to find a way to build one because buying pre-built machines will never be for a relatively 'good' price.
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:29 pm

hmmm if you have ALLOT of cash to fork out you could do worse than scorptec http://www.scorptec.com.au/system/71
but... pre-built=fail
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:57 pm

i was under the impression by a few people that you can go to msy tell them what parts you want then they put it together you take it home and bobs your uncle???????? i want a good computer for under 1000.
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 2:26 pm

Jack wrote:
i was under the impression by a few people that you can go to msy tell them what parts you want then they put it together you take it home and bobs your uncle???????? i want a good computer for under 1000.

you can although I've never done it.

http://msy.arpatubes.net/

better msy website Smile
Back to top Go down
Cap'n Phish
Chimp
Chimp
Cap'n Phish

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 2:33 pm

Jack wrote:
i want a good computer for under 1000.
and I want a blowjob, but that aint happening in the foreseeable future (unless you're willing Wink )
Back to top Go down
http://instantrimshot.com/
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 2:41 pm

Cap'n Phish wrote:
Jack wrote:
i want a good computer for under 1000.
and I want a blowjob, but that aint happening in the foreseeable future (unless you're willing Wink )

Under 1000 will get you a good computer easy, just not a great one. I bought a decent system for a friend on the weekend, spent about 900 inc 22" LCD monitor, and got an AMD x2 6000 (runs at 3.1ghz) and 4 gigs of ram, 640gig HDD, CAse, Mobo, PSU, DVD burner, and A 9800GT.

Slapped it together in a day with no real problems (expect windows, fuck you windows)
Back to top Go down
Cap'n Phish
Chimp
Chimp
Cap'n Phish

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:06 pm

I have conections that can get me a guaranteed not to need upgrading for several years "FEARMEFORIAMTHYLORDANDMASTER" rig for 1300
Back to top Go down
http://instantrimshot.com/
Sabba
Chimp
Chimp
Sabba

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:51 am

I just recently bought a SLI system from these guys www.ibuypower.com and I would recommend them. Great customer service and the computer runs like a dream.

-Sabba
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:31 pm

i'm looking at that ibuypower. did you buy from the site?? if so, what was dillevery like? and also did it come built? doesn'really matter if it is or not i'm pretty sure i could put one together... can't be too hard right?? lol. so far i'm up to $1,151 with widescreen monitor and a G15... no mouse though... i really don't know if i'm getting a good deal though...
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:37 pm

wow... that site is in america...?? i tried .com.au instead got another site which is australia... everything is really expensive though... like over a 1000 straight away.
Back to top Go down
Socky
Chimp
Chimp
Socky

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:21 pm

Buying parts from another country with the exchange rate we're rolling with atm, is a really bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:27 pm

Socky wrote:
Buying parts from another country with the exchange rate we're rolling with atm, is a really bad idea.

He speaks the truth! It's not stopping me from buying over $100 worth of Double Fine gear in a couple days though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sabba
Chimp
Chimp
Sabba

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:36 pm

There is an Australian site, the company was created by the group called pcmaniacs.com.au they review computers etc.

The computers are somewhat like Alienware, but there are some PC builds there that are pretty cost effective. They build the PC, you get it in 5-7 working days. You can mix and match parts, designing a PC that suits your needs too. I used to build my own PC's, but now I am lazy so someone else can get their hands cut up in the case. I'll pay the extra $$$ for good Customer service and 1 year warranty.

Keep in mind, I had some cash to blow and I wanted a badass PC. So I ended up spending $2.7k on my PC but damn was it worth it.

-Sabba
Back to top Go down
Gunta
Maggot
Maggot
Gunta

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 7:38 am

Average comp - Cheap

i only had 450 dollars ( lol poor ass) so i decided to build a comp with that

here are my specs

AMD 5200+ dual core 2.7ghz

2gb 800mhz ddr2 ram

9500 GT
Back to top Go down
Gunta
Maggot
Maggot
Gunta

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 7:40 am

(btw i got mine from Super Billing, i think theres a website
Back to top Go down
neo
Maggot
Maggot
neo

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 8:17 am

MSY will build a system that you specify all the parts. They charge $70 for the build. My home server I did just that, sat there with a mate to picked all the bits I wanted, put in the order via email and picked it up the next day - Malvern. The guy will run you through in about 3 seconds to show you all the ordered parts are there, check for yourself to make sure everything is there. The 2nd hard drive was not visible, turned out it wasn't plugged in, he fixed it on the spot.

me lazy is my reason to pay for the build. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a new computer... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new computer...   a new computer... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a new computer...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team MoFo Forums :: General :: General-
Jump to: