Team MoFo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Windows 7 Beta

Go down 
+4
LunchBox
Jack
SOaDaholic
Gunta
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gunta
Maggot
Maggot
Gunta

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:50 am

I have heard Great things about this OS and its better for gaming then my current OS - Windows Vista Ultimate
booting times are faster then both xp and vista.

Its fast, little to no compatability issues... 2 of my friends use it on there desktops and laptops and all he cant do is crossfire 2 ati cards...

Should i do it?
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:17 am

No, it is not recomended to use it on a main machine. if you have another machine and want to use it for fun, go for it.

I you are using vista I'd drop back to XP for gaming performance, but their is so much unknown about the beta (eg. how secure it is..).

unless you want to do dual boot Smile
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:38 am

how can you drop to XP??? although im not sure if i would want to atm but it would be usefull to know.

and also i've got logitech X530 speakers (i think) and i can't connect them to my laptop because there is only 2 speaker jacks and a mic jack now what i want to know is can i connect it all up and have working surround sound?

i spoke to a bloke and he gave me this 5 way splitter thing but i'm only getting stereo sound. i spoke to another bloke and he said that there should be a way that i can change the mic jack to sub woofer and front and change one of the other speaker jacks to back speakers or something like that i wasn't entirely sure which he said. does any of you wise young peeps know how i can achieve this? thanks...
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:47 am

Jack wrote:
how can you drop to XP??? although im not sure if i would want to atm but it would be usefull to know.

you buy it or....umm....find a friend who has it..

Jack wrote:

i spoke to a bloke and he gave me this 5 way splitter thing but i'm only getting stereo sound. i spoke to another bloke and he said that there should be a way that i can change the mic jack to sub woofer and front and change one of the other speaker jacks to back speakers or something like that i wasn't entirely sure which he said. does any of you wise young peeps know how i can achieve this? thanks...

that sounds like complete BS. As you would need something to process the sound to 5.1 as apposed to just the jacks.. some laptops have extention cards slots which you can install a 5.1 laptop card into, or you will have to get an external sound card.
Back to top Go down
Gunta
Maggot
Maggot
Gunta

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:05 am

What Operating System you guys gotz?
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:34 am

Sex P - professional
Back to top Go down
LunchBox
GA Captain
GA Captain
LunchBox

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:53 am

i have the same as you gunta
Back to top Go down
Gunta
Maggot
Maggot
Gunta

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:46 pm

whats with peoplez lovin old school xp so much SEROUSLY
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:07 pm

Gunta wrote:
whats with peoplez lovin old school xp so much SEROUSLY

I'm no fan boy, I actually prefer Mac OSX.

but every time I've used vista is uses way too much resources just to do fancy bullshit. The only thing I would like is DX10, but I can live without.

I know XP pretty well, and dont look forward to moving to vista, so I'll just skip to 7 in august.
Back to top Go down
pimaster
Site Admin
Site Admin
pimaster

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:43 pm

I'm on XP. Vista is just useless to me. There is no reason for me to upgrade.
If I could game on Linux, I'd drop Windows in a heart beat.

When Vista came out it was a joke. Ok, so it has a SP, but to me it's still a joke.
Back to top Go down
http://pimaster.byteclub.net/
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:03 am

pimaster wrote:

When Vista came out it was a joke. Ok, so it has a SP, but to me it's still a joke.
+1, vista can suck a dick...
Back to top Go down
Gunta
Maggot
Maggot
Gunta

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:26 am

theredfox wrote:
pimaster wrote:

+1, vista can suck a dick...

grr....
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:46 pm

XP.

And it's not the greatest, but I'd still take it over Mac OSX. I've been using Windows for probably a decade now, and because of that so many computing fundamentals that are hard-wired into my brain are Windows oriented, and I just find Macs clunky and frustrating.
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:57 am

Bobbin wrote:
XP.

And it's not the greatest, but I'd still take it over Mac OSX. I've been using Windows for probably a decade now, and because of that so many computing fundamentals that are hard-wired into my brain are Windows oriented, and I just find Macs clunky and frustrating.

saying that something is hard wired in your brain doesn't mean its a good work space/flow or intuitive, Mac OSX is easily the best and is one of the reasons I own a mac. and I've used windows since win3.1, and played with linux too (which is actually kinda similar to OSX but just not compatible enough).

Seriously though, if you get passed its flashy look, you'll find they everything works EXTREMELY well together without crashes or programs freezing. it really is fantastic.

If I could SAFELY get osX on PC, I would dump apple and run it on PC. It's just a shame I need to play games on Bootcamp.
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:23 am

Oh, of course, I totally acknowledge that Windows is exceedingly frustrating and clunky, I'm just used to the clunk so I find Macs hard to use. We have Macs in the music block at school, pretty new ones, and I've never encountered them lock up or crash once, but I still want to bang my head against the wall when I can't work out why x program isn't working like it would on XP. Razz
Back to top Go down
KaBoOm
Turd
Turd

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:19 am

Vista FTW!
Back to top Go down
Gunta
Maggot
Maggot
Gunta

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:09 pm

Using Windows 7 Beta now.. quite nice actually Very Happy
everything works that worked on vista
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Gunta wrote:
Using Windows 7 Beta now.. quite nice actually Very Happy
everything works that worked on vista

I hope you have backups... its pretty silly running a beta OS on your main computer (I assume its beta).

Still, I'm looking forward to its release! looks like they stole a whole heap of OSX features!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windows 7 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 Beta   Windows 7 Beta Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 Beta
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team MoFo Forums :: General :: General-
Jump to: