Team MoFo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recruitment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Teh Grue
Turd
Turd

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Recruitment   Recruitment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:05 pm

May i just mention that this is the only clan i've ever seen that doesnt have trials for their recriuts. You cant just look at someones stats and say if he's good enough or not. Its like the saying "Dont judge a book by its cover" So i'm just suggesting that you should figure out some trialing system so that you dont recriut noobs with screwed up stats or so people like me dont feel misjudged.
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:32 pm

No, you're right, you can't just look at a player's stats and decide whether or not they're appropriate for the clan. So it's a good thing we didn't do that, eh?

Consider the following: You run a clan of your own and have a comfortable number of members that consistently provide the needed numbers for clan matches and scrims at any time, and who cover the whole board as far as classes go. All of these members were played with several times before being permitted entry to the clan.

Time passes and you get more applicants who reasonably request to join. They themselves tell you that they're an all-rounder, and even someone with an exceedingly large amount of playtime wont be the most helpful if they've got their skill spread all across the whole board, so someone with a more modest hour count will provide even less "bang for your buck", if you will.

Considering how your clan is already doing well with your current numbers and skill levels, you figure that you don't need any new members, so unless they have a shockingly solid skill base or playtime to bring to the table in any given class, it probably isn't necessary to admit them. It's nothing personal, you just really aren't on the lookout for anyone new at the time. If they come back in a while with a little more somethin' somethin' under their belts, they may well stand a better chance of being accepted.

Also, please note that I don't actually speak for the admins/heads of M0F0 officially, this is just something I thought you should consider to see things from our perspective. Smile
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:53 pm

Teh Grue wrote:
May i just mention that this is the only clan i've ever seen that doesnt have trials for their recriuts. You cant just look at someones stats and say if he's good enough or not. Its like the saying "Dont judge a book by its cover" So i'm just suggesting that you should figure out some trialing system so that you dont recriut noobs with screwed up stats or so people like me dont feel misjudged.

Thermal and pi are both on your friends list and have played with you, they know how good you are. Sorry but you didn't make it and we don't need new people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recruitment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team MoFo Forums :: General :: Apply to Join-
Jump to: