Team MoFo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

downloading stuff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:51 am

just interested in what sites everyone uses to download tv episodes... i'm trying to download some futurama epz but the torrent is super slow. i want to download family guy next but i reckon that'll be a slow torrent as well.

anyways
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:14 am

Torrents

end of story
Back to top Go down
LunchBox
GA Captain
GA Captain
LunchBox

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:40 am

yeh what hub said, but with a "z"

www.Torrentz.com

I have all of futurama + movies cept for a few eps that have bad sound or something
But 15.4GB * 1024MB * 1024 KB / 30KB/s (upload speed) / 60 Seconds / 60 Minutes /24 hours = 6.22 days to upload on to that shared thingy we have
Doesn't sound to good
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:50 am

lol... i did say torrents.. but its not quick enough gonna take for ever... i'm looking for a site or something where i can download them easily and full speed. obviously this doesn't exist. torrents are only quick if some unselfish cunts actually seed but everyone does what i do and leave once its finished Razz.

oi lunchy upload them all on the site that would be really good Razz kidding... i'm not going to wait 6 days... this hillariously slow torrent will download them faster than that Sad

and btw, torrent site like mininova, piratebay and the one you mentioned pretty much give the same torrents anyway which is the one i have. AND ITS SHIT.
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:21 pm

Sounds to me like you've got something configured wrong, or you just pick shitty torrents.

Using a private tracker I have an account with, and even a public torrent search site, I can find torrents for most futurama movies and TV seasons with plenty of seeds.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:29 pm

me thinks its just a shitty torrent.
Back to top Go down
LunchBox
GA Captain
GA Captain
LunchBox

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:51 pm

Rapidshare or something? if your desperate
Back to top Go down
Light
Maggot
Maggot
Light

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:02 am

Me thinks it might be the problem you had when you started with torrents and you've capped your upload speed to like 1 kb/s which would cap your download.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:43 am

[quote=Light]Me thinks it might be the problem you had when you started with torrents and you've capped your upload speed to like 1 kb/s which would cap your download.[/quote]

no its not that. it starts off downloading fine then fucks up. ive got it capped at 4kbs for uploads which is what its meant to be. and i was downlaoding family guys epz fine.

[quote=Lunchbox]Rapidshare or something? if your desperate[/quote]

don't worry about it i've found another torrent so i'll try that. just don't want to cap myself in the proccess of downloading them so i'm gonna wait for a while.

anyways.
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:01 am

Why is uploading 'meant to be' capped at 4kbs? You must have one hell of a ratio
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Hubnester wrote:
Why is uploading 'meant to be' capped at 4kbs? You must have one hell of a ratio

what i meant was its the lowest you can go without it capping your download... yeah i don't share if thats what you mean about the ratio... i share as little as possible while taking as much as i can... deal with it Razz
Back to top Go down
LunchBox
GA Captain
GA Captain
LunchBox

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:08 pm

your a jerk user

i try to get a ratio of 2.000 for all my torrents, some times i will just open up utorrent just to upload.
why? because it makes me feel good sharing with strangers and my internet provider doesn't charge for the upload like some other evil providers do!
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:26 pm

LunchBox wrote:
and my internet provider doesn't charge for the upload like some other evil providers do!

yes and my ISP is an evil one... therefore i don't share Sad

kinda selfish but obviously if i was to have at least a 1 to 1 share ratio then thats double the original usage... i've also only got a 12gb limit to all usage download and upload, so it doesn't take long for a few episodes of heroes to take that up, not to mention if i had to upload the same amount Razz

oh well i'll continue selfishly removing my torrent once they are finished and continue to "forget" to thank the kind selection of seeders Very Happy
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:28 pm

stream online n00b
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:37 pm

theredfox wrote:
stream online n00b

lol... but then i can't re-watch without having to re-download it.... you be a noob.
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:41 pm

Jack wrote:
theredfox wrote:
stream online n00b

lol... but then i can't re-watch without having to re-download it.... you be a noob.
small cap is for n00bs... prove me wrong...
Back to top Go down
LunchBox
GA Captain
GA Captain
LunchBox

downloading stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: downloading stuff   downloading stuff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:43 pm

Well if we did have the small cap or moderate cap, that is the time that we would actually watch and/or rewatch the shows so thats where streaming fails.
Back to top Go down

downloading stuff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team MoFo Forums :: General :: General-
Jump to: