Team MoFo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking to start up a server

Go down 
+8
pimaster
SOaDaholic
Rowdy
Sabba
Socky
xtremejoker
LunchBox
Hubnester
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:27 pm

LunchBox wrote:
Disagree.

I seem to get headshotted,
with uber ready,
enough times in a row to be dominated,
by the (only) mod

Jerk server

Well I really didn't think it was necessary that you keep running out from behind that perfectly good cover.
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 2:50 am

I've set up a steam group - a bid to keep people coming back, basically. Going to try and invite players of the server to the group. That way they see it, are reminded of it, and hopefully feel a part of it.

I've invited whichever mofos were online at the time but you can all come and join yourselves. You'll be able to get to it by searching or just checking my profile.

It's a public profile so anybody can join it.
Back to top Go down
Socky
Chimp
Chimp
Socky

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:41 am

There was a lot of people on it last night, which was good. It also is pretty fast and stable. Just don't add dumb shit like HL stats, or any stupid custom audio. The latter in particular probably drives people away.

I can give money too.
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:04 am

Yeah so far so good with people. Hopefully soon enough we do get some regulars and then the server can populate itself.

I'm definitely not adding custom content, shitty mods or anything like that. That's exactly why I'm renting my own haha.

And actually at this stage I probably don't need donations at all, the server is way cheaper than I anticipated it would be so I can pretty much handle it for now.
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:33 am

Tonight at 8:30pm I'm gonna try and get a bunch of people playing, so come along mofos if you're not doing anything. Made an even in the group but not everyone has joined that so just letting you guys know.
Back to top Go down
ThermalSausage
Site Admin
Site Admin
ThermalSausage

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:46 pm

Remove sawmill, that's a terrible map.

Does anyone actually ever enjoy playing it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thevalvesource.hotprawnz.com
Rowdy
Chimp
Chimp
Rowdy

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:10 am

I actually quite enjoy the Sawmill. I feel it sort of caters for all classes. While CtF isnt m favourite game mode i think it is better than the other game modes on Sawmill.
Back to top Go down
Socky
Chimp
Chimp
Socky

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:24 am

sawmill lags really badly, i think the map has memory issues
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:36 am

I'd actually like to see a serious match on sawmill for once. Don't think I've ever seen one, but I think that's where the map will actually shine.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:53 am

yeah it turns into a team deathmatch almost instantly :S
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:53 pm

Everyone who's free tomorrow night and is up for a game, I'm aiming to fill up the server again. So if you're around, join in.
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 2:31 pm

Good example of why I wasn't quick to make everybody an admin, just PM me your ideas or post 'em here if you come up with something.
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 2:37 pm

Hubnester wrote:

I suppose this thread will be pointless now that it's been completely blown off the rails.

Hence closure.

If you want to take a dig at me please do it in chat or PM. Please cut the BS hub.

Edit: I'm perfectly relaxed light, hell even abit tipsy. Lets all just keep this on topic.
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:18 pm

How many posts did you just delete? And I was wondering why conversation wasn't getting anywhere, lol.

Anyway, anyone else noticed the server becoming more populated now? It's good, it's filling up on its own more often now, and more quickly when we start with a few players. Those few rounds we played with the bots were strangely fun... Those heavy bots are scary.

I'm thinking we could have some kind of event sometime soon. Whether it's a game mode, or tournament mode or maybe even a 8 class highlander game if there's a decent plugin for it out there.
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 12:36 am

Hubnester wrote:
How many posts did you just delete? And I was wondering why conversation wasn't getting anywhere, lol.

Anyway, anyone else noticed the server becoming more populated now? It's good, it's filling up on its own more often now, and more quickly when we start with a few players. Those few rounds we played with the bots were strangely fun... Those heavy bots are scary.

I'm thinking we could have some kind of event sometime soon. Whether it's a game mode, or tournament mode or maybe even a 8 class highlander game if there's a decent plugin for it out there.

just deleted lights lame off topic posts.

Anyways, I would totally be down for a tournament game of some sort. Last highlander game was really fun.
Back to top Go down
Rowdy
Chimp
Chimp
Rowdy

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:25 am

SOaDaholic wrote:

Anyways, I would totally be down for a tournament game of some sort. Last highlander game was really fun.

+1 For me and the highlander. Agreed that was a lot of fun. But it might be a bit harder with the random people mightn't it?
Unless we were talking about the M0F0's and some other decent players.
Back to top Go down
GRiM
Chimp
Chimp
GRiM

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:24 am

Hurr, low grav, instaspawn and 100% crits 4 pro serv :3
Back to top Go down
ThermalSausage
Site Admin
Site Admin
ThermalSausage

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 1:59 pm

Moderated this thread a little:

-Deleted Jack's post for being flaming/trolling whatever you wanna call it.
-Moved some posts that were off-track to this thread.

Carry on.

Oh and I'd like to play Highlander, that'd be awesome. I generally don't play on Hub's server because I generally don't like the people on there and the alltalk. They're annoying, as is alltalk, in my opinion.

But I'd totally be up for some highlander.
Back to top Go down
LunchBox
GA Captain
GA Captain
LunchBox

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:02 pm

HAHAHA nice one thermal
I guess it runs in the family

So what i think this thread has turned into is just ideas for Hubnesters server.
And for us to help give him some input on it if we wish to or he asks for some.
I personally think it the server was/is great still and going along nicely.

I just have one small little problem, when you (hub) added the class limits for the soldier update, you said "no" to engy.

NEVER EVER FUCKING SAY "NO" TO ENGY AGAIN!!!
He is a fucking champ and can do so much cool shit like teleport and erect.

I did not like that at all, it was all like "ooooo soldier and demos, yeah they have to kill each other. Oh yeah and medic because they like have to heal them solly and blacky"

WHAT ABOUT THE TELEPORT!!!!!

I dont like walking or having to look for the health/medic, I like the sparkles, they are nice and glittery.

Good, glad I got that set clear then.
Its not only Soada who gets cranky sometimes.

and yeah engy limit of 3 is okay by me, 2 is being very tight but i can live with it, also 1 is okay if its highlander.

Alltalk is the bomb yo, maybe look towards getting that ubbertalk thing where you can bind alltalk and teamtalk.
I can't think of anytype of perosn on playing TF2 who i would hate to play with, maybe pro teamstackers, they make the game too hard to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:14 pm

Class limits haven't been active in a while. Before the WAR update and after it, class limits aren't enabled.

I looked into several all-talk mods but they all require the player to do some scripting/binding, which will be alienating to a LOT of people who either can't do it, or who just can't be bothered. Until we get a serious 'regular' player base I'd stay away from that for now. At the moment, as always, running votes seems to work fine for handling alltalk.
Back to top Go down
ThermalSausage
Site Admin
Site Admin
ThermalSausage

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:21 pm

It's not the hearing the other team that annoys me about alltalk, it's the effect it has on everyone. All of a sudden everyone thinks they have something interesting to say about their day or something and I really don't give a shit, I just want to play the game.

And no one ever talks about the game when it's on, like calling out spies and sentries. Gets frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Sabba
Chimp
Chimp
Sabba

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:16 am

Server is good, I see people in it regularly. Can we have some more Admins though, let us know who they are.

Some kind of RTV system might be useful otherwise, it sucks when we are on a map that does not suit the number of players.
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:59 am

Yeah now that it's started to become slightly more popular I will start to look for admins. Still got to configure the permissions and stuff though.

And I think that RTV's a good idea, I'll give it a shot. I just have to test it with the current way the map rotation and voting works just to be sure it all works together.
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:28 am

Just implemented an RTV system. It seems to be working but I haven't been able to test it completely. So in a normal, populated game, there might be some conflicts with the mapchooser and all that. If anyone comes across any bugs, let me know.
Back to top Go down
GRiM
Chimp
Chimp
GRiM

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:17 am

Whats the current lineup of maps?

So long as there is no CTF in there what so ever, we'll be fine... Though perhaps we could try doublecross. Iunno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start up a server   Looking to start up a server - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking to start up a server
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next