Team MoFo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hubnester Has Something To Say

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

Hubnester Has Something To Say Empty
PostSubject: Hubnester Has Something To Say   Hubnester Has Something To Say Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 7:56 am

As most of you probably haven't noticed, yes, the server is still running.
I've considered shutting it down for the past month but I've decided to give it one last chance to actually server a purpose (that's where you come in). So I'll start by saying;

use it or lose it.

It's come to my attention that at least ONE of our members named Soadaholic does not play on the server because of a feature he doesn't like; Alltalk.
For some reason, he couldn't see the logic in actually bringing this issue up to have it considered, and instead thought that maybe he'd hide under a pile of coats until this whole thing blew over. So on his behalf, I'll raise the issue.

Alltalk? Yes or no?
+ Good for when we have a bunch of team members in-game...
+ ...Discussing strategies or even just having a friendly one amongst us
+ Good when you have decent players in, especially late nights, makes the game more fun.

- First two are moot points because most M0f0s aren't using it
- When full of people who either don't talk or are annoying fuckers
- During more serious games when strategies wish to be discussed in private

I think Alltalk is one of those things where it can go either way, and depends wholely on the situation. That's how it started out, being off by default until it was voted on so regularly that it stayed on. I think turning it off for at least some period of time to see how that affects the server can be quite productive.

Your thoughts?

Curently the server is set to:
+alltalk
-crits
-damagespread
Badwater, Gravel, Gorge, Gold, Steel, Badlands.

(this is the part where you also post whether you think anything should be changed so that we might actually use the server)

Edit: Soada also brought up the fact that because he isn't paying for it, he doesn't feel the incentive to play on it. And here I was thinking I was doing people a favour! In any case, you all have multiple ways of contacting me if you still wish to donate, though I guess Soada didn't notice from under that pile of coats.
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

PostSubject: Re: Hubnester Has Something To Say   Hubnester Has Something To Say Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:20 am

Its not an issue because its not my server. Hell, the server has your freaking name all over it! Its not a M0f0 server, its HUBBY'S HAPPY HUG HUT.

You never really asked for input in terms of maps/mods/modes, all you asked if that people would contribute, and when suggestions where made, you seemed to not be into discussing it, eg mods, removal of sawmill etc.

But yes I dont play in it mostly because of all talk. All talk has its place, but I find it makes the game impossible to be competitive, as most voice spam, and just play casually (and mofos should use VENT for all talk). Also when ever I play there is always some douche on there spamming voice, and just generally doing douchy things.

and by pay for it I mean because an Admin also. There have been times in the past I've been in your server and everyone wants to kick some 10 year old fuckhead, and no one can because you are away. (actually in the end I think someone guess/saw your password and all was resolved).

Also, hubby wasn't the original idea to have it as a group server? you were just going to pay for the first month, then it kind of just became yours.

Hubnester Has Something To Say 3358605786_bc610f96b3
Back to top Go down
Light
Maggot
Maggot
Light

PostSubject: Re: Hubnester Has Something To Say   Hubnester Has Something To Say Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:39 am

I vote to leave alltalk on.
Mods make tf2 gay. Enough said on that.
Tf2 isn't meant to always be competitive. We have wars which make up for the competive part. There would be far less people playing tf2 if we were all trying to play competively, the games mean to be fun not a competition.
And with the alltalk issue, mute is your friend. I personally like alltalk, I do enjoy hearing moreON bitch about me when I kill him.
Keep crits and damage spread off.
I'll try play more soon. I've been busy with work and not having access to a comp which can run tf2...
Why no Dustbowl? It's still a decent map...
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

PostSubject: Re: Hubnester Has Something To Say   Hubnester Has Something To Say Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:51 am

RTD on a Friday night in REDROOM is some of the most fun I've had playing TF2.

And by competitive I don't mean like a war or anything, but I find when I'm in a server with alltalk its kinda mindless, and no tactics or info is shared. just abuse, which is ok sometimes.

Either way, I play on GA / Redroom for these settings. I don't expect hub to change anything, I dont really get why his knickers are in a knot.
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: Hubnester Has Something To Say   Hubnester Has Something To Say Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:54 am

Not what this thread is for, but I'll reply to that.
What's the name got to do with anything? What was to be a temporary server showed some promise and stayed.

Actually I did ask for that input. I spoke to a few members who knew about admin mods regarding the best choice and so on. I fairly often discuss map lists with the active members. Sawmill was removed... And discussed several times.

Just because I didn't spell out 'gief inputs' on the forum doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on the server, considering the whole purpose of the server is to suit all of our needs.

Sourcemod allows me to add and remove admins fairly easily, once I set up permissions and levels and stuff. I don't think that should be made into a paid service, nor do I think that should be given to every M0f0. Yet another thing that was to be organised once it was deemed necessary, but at the moment, doing so would be wasteful because there's not an actual need.

The original idea was to accept donations, but once I found the current provider who gave me a much better price, donations were no longer necessary. You really seem offended that you aren't paying for this yourself. It never 'became' mine, it IS mine. It's under my name, I'm the registrar, it's coming out of my bank account. To that extent, it is mine. In every other way it's for 'M0F0' because that is why it exists.

Anyway, thanks for your input on Alltalk. I'm pretty much in agreement with you now about turning it off. Not because of spam or anything, which I've only had to actually do anything about once or twice (don't forget our mute buttons), but just to see if it encourages a different kind of player. But I'd like to hear more opinions first, feel free to keep discussing it.

Anyone have anything to add?

Light wrote:
I vote to leave alltalk on.
Mods make tf2 gay. Enough said on that.
Tf2 isn't meant to always be competitive. We have wars which make up for the competive part. There would be far less people playing tf2 if we were all trying to play competively, the games mean to be fun not a competition.
And with the alltalk issue, mute is your friend. I personally like alltalk, I do enjoy hearing moreON bitch about me when I kill him.
Keep crits and damage spread off.
I'll try play more soon. I've been busy with work and not having access to a comp which can run tf2...
Why no Dustbowl? It's still a decent map...

Have to agree about the mods. When it comes to things that affect gameplay and detract from what is 'TF2', I oppose it. Stuff like pre-game madness is fine because it doesn't change anything. RTD, Sourcemod, Unreal/Quake sounds are shit.

Mute is the simple option, yeah. Alltalk can always be toggled if the situation calls for it anyway.

Crits and Damage spread, have to agree with keeping them off too. If the comps we play in keep them off, why shouldn't our server?

Dustbowl is fine. Just been testing our a few different map rotations to see how they were accepted. I was under the impression that a lot of people didn't like dustbowl though?

SOaDaholic wrote:
RTD on a Friday night in REDROOM is some of the most fun I've had playing TF2.

And by competitive I don't mean like a war or anything, but I find when I'm in a server with alltalk its kinda mindless, and no tactics or info is shared. just abuse, which is ok sometimes.

Either way, I play on GA / Redroom for these settings. I don't expect hub to change anything, I dont really get why his knickers are in a knot.

Alltalk ruins tactics but you love RTD? See above for my opinion on mods like RTD... Under no circumstance do I think the server should have anything like that, or modified spawn times for that matter.

I'm bothered because I set up this server for all of us but nobody has given any input at all. If you don't want anything to do with it, that's cool, I'm just here now looking for the opinions of everyone else here so that the server can have its intended purpose.
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

PostSubject: Re: Hubnester Has Something To Say   Hubnester Has Something To Say Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Dude, calm the fuck down. seriously.

If it was a server for all, I would have thought it would be a mofo server? as we are all in that, you know, clan called mofo? oh wait? you don't use tags/play in wars anymore. I forgot.

When I saw it was a server called Hub, I figured it was your personal server, pretty safe assumption wouldn't you think?

I said I like RTD on friday nights. Thats the only time (I think so anyways) red room does it. The reason I hate your server is that all talk is on all the time.. see the difference? when I'm in the mood for alltalk I join.

Maybe if you weren't such a moody bitch people would play in your server more?

*hides*

But seriously, this thread is more pointless than Ghost TF2 class suggestions. I don't want you to change your server, hence not voicing my opinion. Told me no one plays on it from mofo, I explained why I didn't, I'm not whinging to change anything, I have many servers to play on.
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: Hubnester Has Something To Say   Hubnester Has Something To Say Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:16 pm

Hahaha, wow. Didn't even textually 'raise my voice' in that last post. But anyway

I know you aren't whining about the server, this thread is about everybody's opinions, not just yours or mine. If you don't want the server to represent M0F0 that's fine, but how about we let some other people have a say, hm?

I suppose this thread will be pointless now that it's been completely blown off the rails.
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

PostSubject: Re: Hubnester Has Something To Say   Hubnester Has Something To Say Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:24 pm

Yeah a new thread wasn't really needed, you already had one on topic...

I'm totally all for people having opinions about your server, but how about you leave me out of it. You started this whole rant because I just figured if you didn't want it, maybe we could all pitch in and MOFO is up abit, scrims/training/try-outs etc. I never wanted you to change anything because I realise it is YOUR server.

If you want to make it more mofo thats your call, if you dont, thats fine too. Seriously, I dont see why you have such a stick up your batty about all this.

Moral of the story: Don't talk to Hub in Private Chat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hubnester Has Something To Say   Hubnester Has Something To Say Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hubnester Has Something To Say
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team MoFo Forums :: General :: Clan Server-
Jump to: