Team MoFo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon Age - Origins

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabba
Chimp
Chimp
Sabba

Dragon Age - Origins Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Age - Origins   Dragon Age - Origins Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:57 pm

So Bioware has officially become as reliable as Blizzard when it comes to releasing games in their niche.

Character building is interesting, you chose 1 of 3 paths(Wizard/Warrior/Rogue) and then specialize in those fields.

The combat system had a fairly difficult learning curve but once I got my head around it I actually appreciated the way it is setup. The story is solid(So far 6 hours played) and apparently there are different stories based on your race/class/background. The NPC interactions are good and you even hear party members chatting to each other when you are traveling.

The graphics are awesome, the blood and gore is intense. After a fight you'll have blood splattered all over you, kinda neat.

The only problem I have had so far is the game has a memory leak in it, so after an hour or so it can get a little choppy and needs a restart. I am sure a patch will be out very soon to fix that.

So if your looking for a solid RPG I give this one two thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
Rowdy
Chimp
Chimp
Rowdy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age - Origins   Dragon Age - Origins Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:01 am

RPG and someone I know has given it a good review? You've got my interest. I'll be looking into this.
Back to top Go down
LunchBox
GA Captain
GA Captain
LunchBox

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age - Origins   Dragon Age - Origins Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:37 am

Heard there was a lot of sex in this, or is it in another game that looks similar?
Back to top Go down
Sabba
Chimp
Chimp
Sabba

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age - Origins   Dragon Age - Origins Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:47 am

The box had a 18+ rating on it, so very possible. I have yet to see some hardcore bonking yet though. There is TONS of side boob action early on though. cheers
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age - Origins   Dragon Age - Origins Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:51 am

fuck yes side boob where do i sign up

Nah ive heard a little about this but I don't know a lot. Kinda been eying it though.

You say the battle system is difficult? How so?

Also is it a very system-intensive game?

Sorry I'd look all this up but I'm not really at liberty with my internet yet at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sabba
Chimp
Chimp
Sabba

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age - Origins   Dragon Age - Origins Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:30 am

Alright 2nd review, day 2.

The combat once you grasp it is actually quite smooth. I guess my initial confusion was learning new spells/skills on 4 characters at once(Max party size). Now that I have a handle on it I am ripping through fights. The initial trick was the 2 camera views that control the game. One is an explorer type where it is like an over the shoulder cam, I was doing my battles in this one and it was rough. The second is more of an isometric view where you can view the battle from above and issue commands a lot easier.

Once I got good at switching views, I got much better at the fights. All you do is pause as the fight starts(Spacebar) and mousescroll out and it switches views for you, then you can issue commands and control the battle much better. Then once combat is over you scroll back in over your selected characters shoulder and continue exploring.

The specs are not too bad:
Windows XP Minimum Specifications

* CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.4Ghz or greater
* AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8Ghz or greater
* RAM: 1GB or more
* Video: ATI Radeon X850 128MB or greater
* NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater
* DVD ROM (Physical copy)
* 20 GB HD space

I have a beast of a computer and it runs beautiful on max settings.

Oh and Lunchy, the game you are thinking of is The Witcher. Which is excellent also, the main character whom you play is sterile, the ritual to become a Witcher makes him that way. So he roams the lands bonking with no repercussions. He does kick some serious arse also though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age - Origins   Dragon Age - Origins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age - Origins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team MoFo Forums :: General :: Other Games-
Jump to: