Team MoFo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

4wd'ing trip

Go down 
+2
theredfox
Jack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

4wd'ing trip Empty
PostSubject: 4wd'ing trip   4wd'ing trip Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:59 pm

this weekend went camping out sort of jamieson way up in the mountains Very Happy was pretty awsome.

saterday went fishing caught 2 fish in the morning, went again around lunch caught another 4 then went down stream and i caught another 6 was really good.

then on sunday we packed up and went for a bit of a drive to get back out to jamieson. went up a 4wd'ing track... pretty boring one nothing exciting not steap or anything... noticed a track that went off this track to the left...slamed breaks on reversed and started going up it...

was some of the best driving i've done in a very long while. got about halfway though this track and had to stop because there was a short section that was very steep had rocks that you had to drop down each wheel at a time. about a foot and a halfish drop which was enough to get this hilux with his lift kit scraping his side steps. he got down but we decided that we were going to winch my car down as well as another bloke who had rolled his car previously (about 2 months ago) and was pretty paranoid. although the last bloke decided he'd give it ago by himself.

so after an hour of stuffing around we got all the cars rolling again, to got about 200m down the track and come up to a very steap ascent. first guy went up it disloged a car fridge size boulder which came rolling down towards my car... it didn't roll far. he had a little trouble getting up the first bit but got up allright, he then kept going while i waited and we lost sight of him he then radio'd back to us and said it gets worse but he got up it. so i went for it (keep in mind they all have lift kits which i don't) got up the first bit side to side rocking front wheels leaving the ground Very Happy, got to the second bit reving the shit out of it and launched up this rock face both front wheels leaving the ground, bounching all over the joint... but i got up it first shot, the little maverick shat on the face of a brand new hilux, was magic.

we then watched the next 2 bloke come up, first one got stuck and had to winch himself free next one got up after his second shot... so the little mavorick shits all over one hilux and 2 landrovers Very Happy. anyway after a six hour drive we finally got to jamieson. was heaps of fun and can't wait to go back. organising something for 2 weeks away gonna be sweet.

this is what we had to winch down. looks worse irl.
4wd'ing trip PIC02291

and again
4wd'ing trip PIC02293

landrover beginning the second part of the hard ascent.
4wd'ing trip PIC02297

OH NO landrover is stuck Sad
4wd'ing trip PIC02298

landrover getting out of being stuck
4wd'ing trip PIC02301

what? another one...
4wd'ing trip PIC02306

damn trees and people that don't get them fully outta the way
4wd'ing trip PIC02310

and again.
4wd'ing trip PIC02316

video of section that front wheels on my car left ground... (not me)

fantastic trip with some awsome views. i think the highest we got was 1500 above sea level. so was pretty high. wish i took some more pics of our drive... forgot about the camera.... should have got some of the fishies as well. oh well post some thoughts gentlemen.

edit: soz for links being down... cleaned up my photobucket...

Last edited by Jack on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : caint speell fur shyt)
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

4wd'ing trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4wd'ing trip   4wd'ing trip Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:48 pm

what car is urs (going to assume that its the one that says jaxxxx)? wow i am a dumb ass, cool car regardless.
Back to top Go down
Light
Maggot
Maggot
Light

4wd'ing trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4wd'ing trip   4wd'ing trip Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:15 pm

Jack's car isnt in any of the photo's. Not sure if it's in vid cause I haven't watched it yet.
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

4wd'ing trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4wd'ing trip   4wd'ing trip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:03 am

i thought "video of section that front wheels on my car left ground.." but oh well i have no idea. put pics up of your car then Smile
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

4wd'ing trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4wd'ing trip   4wd'ing trip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:46 am

i didn't get any of my car going up or down any hills but i'll see if i can get some of the other blokes to send me one.
Back to top Go down
LunchBox
GA Captain
GA Captain
LunchBox

4wd'ing trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4wd'ing trip   4wd'ing trip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Your not that ranger with the baby blue wrist band are you?
I wouldn't want to make bobbin my second least favourite mofo member now!

Also i think this topic has your car in it
https://mofoclan.forumotion.com/general-f2/4wd-ing-t144.htm

Also good to see a coke can instead of a VB can. Probably Coke is for 4wd'ing and VB is for Bike Fixing? ( https://mofoclan.forumotion.com/general-f2/toss-up-lol-t121-30.htm )
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

4wd'ing trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4wd'ing trip   4wd'ing trip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:27 pm

pb links are broken
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

4wd'ing trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4wd'ing trip   4wd'ing trip Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:19 am

LunchBox wrote:
Your not that ranger with the baby blue wrist band are you?
I wouldn't want to make bobbin my second least favourite mofo member now!

Also i think this topic has your car in it
https://mofoclan.forumotion.com/general-f2/4wd-ing-t144.htm

Also good to see a coke can instead of a VB can. Probably Coke is for 4wd'ing and VB is for Bike Fixing? ( https://mofoclan.forumotion.com/general-f2/toss-up-lol-t121-30.htm )

I treat you mean to keep you keen, Lunchy, and you know it.
Back to top Go down
LunchBox
GA Captain
GA Captain
LunchBox

4wd'ing trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4wd'ing trip   4wd'ing trip Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:55 pm

You know i love you man

.......the least, that is!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4wd'ing trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4wd'ing trip   4wd'ing trip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4wd'ing trip
Page 1 of 1