Team MoFo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official M0F0 Writing Competition!

Go down 
+5
LunchBox
Jack
Cap'n Phish
pimaster
Bobbin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Empty
PostSubject: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:01 pm

Alright guys, I know that most of you are keen writers who love your English, your Literature, your books, and everything text! So, to combine your love of writing and your love of submitting things with an increase in sense of clan-togetherness, I hereby start the M0F0 writing competition!

THE LOWDOWN:

Okay, good writing isn't easy, and unlike maths, there aren't formulas that you can simply follow and, presuming that you follow it correctly, you will yield good results. Well, there are formulas that you could follow to sell a lot of books (Tom Clancy, looking at you), but most would consider them pathetic soulless money-grabs that deserve to burn forever.

SO! Those out there who are that-way-inclined can feel free to take a pen to either your favourite franchise (a Portal Prequel Prequel?) or make up a world all of your own! Any genre, any style, and any level of eroticism. All submissions will be read in their entirety by myself, and another lucky M0F0 who gets selected to co-judge, so if you simply feel like sadistically forcing someone to read your awful and difficult prose, that's a valid suggestion reason to submit as well.

Either post your pieces (of any length, too) in this thread, or, if you don't feel comfortable with that, PM them to me, Bobbin. I'll announce the final judgment after I've had sufficient (read: at least 2) submissions, so that people don't feel rushed to put something in.

Alright M0F0s, GOOD LUCK AND GOD SPEED!
Back to top Go down
pimaster
Site Admin
Site Admin
pimaster

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:37 am

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Bobbin Threadbare come out to fight,
TF2 was his game but who would he dare fight against.
Along come m0f0, impressed by skill & mic abuse,
Asked him to join their little troupe.

On the forum he found his home,
With random topics and replied a ton.
On post 74, we could take no more:
Will bobbin still be with us the next morn?

- Just having fun at your expense Very Happy. It'll be interesting to see how many people respond with serious stories.
Back to top Go down
http://pimaster.byteclub.net/
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:37 am

Hahaha, awesome! I giggled my ass off, and yes, it's true, I'm a bit of a forum whore. I've been known to refresh the page for 10 minutes before I finally go to bed just in case someone replies and I should just miss it. Cool
Back to top Go down
Cap'n Phish
Chimp
Chimp
Cap'n Phish

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:21 am

There once was a mofo named bobbin
Who had nothing but air in his noggin.
This could be worse
Or rather perverse
But I'm no good at...um rhyming and things
Back to top Go down
http://instantrimshot.com/
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:33 am

Teehee, while I'm awful flattered, they don't all have to be poems, and they don't all have to be about me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:07 pm

whats your favourite book bobbin...??
Back to top Go down
LunchBox
GA Captain
GA Captain
LunchBox

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:13 pm

now thats a story i like to read, Jack
One Line!
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:36 pm

Heheh, I was making a jab at you and the other "Mathsy" guys with the intro, don't take me seriously.

Also, Jack, I'd have a hard time picking one book, but Alan Moore's "Watchmen" and Raymond Chandler's "Collection (1, 2 or 3)" would be up there.
Back to top Go down
LunchBox
GA Captain
GA Captain
LunchBox

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:48 pm

lots of pages?
cos thats really what books come down to.

So when nuclear winter comes round, we can finally put those books to a good use
+ they are carbon neutral Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:02 am

Bobbin wrote:
Heheh, I was making a jab at you and the other "Mathsy" guys with the intro, don't take me seriously.

Also, Jack, I'd have a hard time picking one book, but Alan Moore's "Watchmen" and Raymond Chandler's "Collection (1, 2 or 3)" would be up there.

Watchmen is a graphic novel, I'd hardly call it a book. But damn its good.. I hope the movie and live up to it.

And fuck me, Raymond Chandler? Nice chioce. Are you a Coen Brothers fan by anychance? They LOVE Chandler.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:21 am

hmm... never heard of either of them... good read?

well anyway my favourite books would have to be the tomorrow series hands down but i've read a couple others that john marsden wrote and they all suck arse...

any way i also like mathew riley's books... and some stephen king although i haven't read many of his books, i seriously think you need a dictionary sitting next to you as you read his stuff... um... thats about it i thinks.
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:27 am

A graphic novel is still a novel. Razz Also, I'm not getting my hopes up on the movie. While I can see where they're coming from with the costume revisions, they spoil the beauty of the originals. And Rorschach's been poorly cast, simply based on the "No." in the trailer.

Coen Brothers? Ah, I don't watch a lot of movies, so I can't say that I've actually seen any of their films, although I've heard nothing but good things... Perhaps I should give them a look? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:29 am

Jack wrote:
hmm... never heard of either of them... good read?

well anyway my favourite books would have to be the tomorrow series hands down but i've read a couple others that john marsden wrote and they all suck arse...

any way i also like mathew riley's books... and some stephen king although i haven't read many of his books, i seriously think you need a dictionary sitting next to you as you read his stuff... um... thats about it i thinks.

For sure, they're classics of their genres. (graphic novel and private eye/detective, respectively)

Also, I've liked a few Stephen King books, he did that one about the store that sold whatever people wanted at the price of a favor, didn't he?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:12 am

hmm... must have missed that one.
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 1:29 pm

Haha, yes, he's prolific, so I half expected you to have missed it. But god, what was it called?

OH! Needful Things. The name of the store in the story! Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed that book.
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:38 am

The Watchmen fucking owns.

I was concerned the movie would fuck it up royally, as movies tend to do with characters with any form of development... But more recently I've been more afraid that the movie wouldn't be made at all thanks to a lawsuit. Has that been resolved yet?
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:54 am

From Wikipedia:

On February 8, 2008 (as filming was finishing), Fox launched a lawsuit against Warner Bros., as producer Lawrence Gordon never paid out the studio as he sought a new studio to develop the project. A hearing is set for January 2009. Fox claims that in setting up the project at Universal, Paramount and Warner Bros., paperwork never mentioned their 1994 agreement with Gordon was still intact. They stated Warner Bros. ignored requests to discuss the project as production went on.

Looks like it'll be a while before they even get close to resolving that one.
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:58 am

bobbin you are my hero, but back to books....
i would have to say (get this) ........de-loused in the comatorium....... tehehehhe dose it count? (tisk, tisk, omar and cedric how could you write a book).
but the best PUBLISHED books are 'the pale horse man' by bernard Cornwall and the red fox (note my name) by Anthony Hyde, bobbin you should check the red fox out because its like a cold war murder mystery
i can lend it to you if you want.
Back to top Go down
LunchBox
GA Captain
GA Captain
LunchBox

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:51 am

aww thats cute

Has this topic become the M0F0 Book club?
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:54 am

Yeah man, send that shit my way!
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:58 am

LunchBox wrote:
aww thats cute

Has this topic become the M0F0 Book club?

Of sorts. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:30 am

ok, i will bring the book for you tomorrow and give it to you in music.
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:36 am

Radical.

What books are everyone still in schooling studying in English at the moment? What are you all reading et al?
Back to top Go down
LunchBox
GA Captain
GA Captain
LunchBox

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:05 am

well we did "catcher in the rye" and "bombshells" for our context which is identity
look both ways and Richard III for the texts
So lucky shakespeare gets to have my last ever book that i read!
Back to top Go down
Light
Maggot
Maggot
Light

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:11 am

We did "A Streetcar named Desire" and "The Shark Net" for our context of whose reality.
And the other texts we done were "Look Both Ways" and "Inheritance".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official M0F0 Writing Competition!   Official M0F0 Writing Competition! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official M0F0 Writing Competition!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next