Team MoFo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ok its music time...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

ok its music time... Empty
PostSubject: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:18 am

i need help what is the best guitar amp for 1500bucks or cheaper. i don't like nu-metal i like prog rock with alot of crunch. i am thinking orange tinny terror or vox ac30 reissue? bobbin will agree with me when i say orange best amp ever but cost soooo much.
PJ Harvey- orange or120 and vox ac30
omar A. rodruigez lopez- orange 140htc-vox ac30
also what gear do people have?
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:29 pm

theredfox wrote:
i need help what is the best guitar amp for 1500bucks or cheaper. i don't like nu-metal i like prog rock with alot of crunch. i am thinking orange tinny terror or vox ac30 reissue? bobbin will agree with me when i say orange best amp ever but cost soooo much.
PJ Harvey- orange or120 and vox ac30
omar A. rodruigez lopez- orange 140htc-vox ac30
also what gear do people have?

What kind of Guitar do you have? I wouldn't bother with a full valve amp unless your pretty serious, have good other gear and playing loudly. I have been through heaps of gear and you will find for most stuff a hybrid amp (has a valve in the drive channel) will do just fine.

I owned a Laney 120 watt tube fusion and it was pretty damn decent (no mesa boogie though).

The best tip I have for you though.. BUY 2ND HAND!! That way if you change your mind you can sell it for the same price (or more). Thats how I went though so much gear! (about 5 electrics, 3 acoustics, 6 amps, 3 pedal boards + other random shit)

Oh and do your research!!
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:14 pm

i have been doing sooooo much research but what do you think of the vox valve-tronix stuff, any good?
also i have sean some VERY cheap mesa's on the ebay like 50watt tube heads for 500 bucks.

i have an ibanez ORM1 and about to put a new pickup in it so soon it will be a seymore duncan JB. Jr. most people think that the only thing ibanez are good for is shreding. but this is a cool jazzy guitar. i love ibanez yet i dont like metal (funny huh?)
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:43 pm

Ibanez make great guitars! But I must admit, I like metal and shred so I'm abit biased!

Check my baby out:

ok its music time... Iban-js100-0804-red

Actually, I'm going to play some guitar now!!
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:58 pm

NICE and just as you said "i am going to play right now" i had a guitar in hand.
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/series.aspx?s=orm
but also with my guitar they put all the money into build quality ergo crap pickups but i was going to get new ones any how... so its a win win for me
ok its music time... 056
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:41 pm

I have a shitty Ibanez 'starter kit' guitar with a cheap shitty 'starter kit' amp. It's pretty bad but I guess it was okay to learn on. Sad Now that I'm getting slightly, slightly better I would like to move up a bit.

But I'm going to look at some gear tomorrow, to see what's out there and what I can aim for once school is over and I can earn some more moneys.
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 3:53 pm

Ibanez make a very good value guitar. but what do you want to get next, and what genre do you play?
Back to top Go down
Hubnester
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Hubnester

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 11:42 pm

I don't know what I want next. I was just planning on having a look and feel of some gear that was in my price range, to find something that feels and sounds right to me. Looking into buying a 2nd hand what I am lead to believe is a 'Fender limited edition' according to the seller... Question I'm going to find out exactly what it is, though, look it up a bit, and then she said I could go to her house and get a feel for it a bit before I bought it, so that should be fun.

I mostly play Metal, 'Nu-metal' (hate that term), and alternative rock but I'll often just hear a song I like and go learn it.
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 3:03 am

SOaDaholic wrote:
Ibanez make great guitars! But I must admit, I like metal and shred so I'm abit biased!

Check my baby out:

ok its music time... Iban-js100-0804-red

Actually, I'm going to play some guitar now!!

Heh, that's the same guitar that Sam has, Luke! Looks like you're a Dream Theater fan too? Razz

Also, this is my bass:

ok its music time... 1965GibsonThunderbirdIVBass

And seen again with some of my other gear:

ok its music time... GibsonThunderbirdBass

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
SOaDaholic
Site Admin
Site Admin
SOaDaholic

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 8:53 am

Bobbin wrote:

Heh, that's the same guitar that Sam has, Luke! Looks like you're a Dream Theater fan too? Razz

Also, this is my bass:

And seen again with some of my other gear:

Twisted Evil

Joe Satriani doesn't play for Dream Theatre but yes I am a fan Wink

Nice bass.. although that gear behind it is totally not yours Razz
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:53 am

NO BOBBIN..... (TEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHeheheheheh made me giggle....)
no none of that gear is bobbins, he has a orange (as do i now).
but you should keep an eye on ebay.... i have seen some SG's for about 500 bucks.
as well as a few mesa's for about the same.

Last edited by theredfox on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:59 am

my gear....ok its music time... Dreamrigmarsvolta2pq
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:30 am

Haha, no, I don't actually have a Thunderbird, but I'm in the process of working for the cold hard cash to buy one.

Also, for anyone even vaguely interested, I'm about to purchase one of these:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eH-aUfmbxcs&feature=related
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:59 am

hi 5 for kaoss pad, Sunday am i right? also that person relay good at the KP unlike most of the other people on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 pm

Lloyd's actually thinking about going down Saturday instead so that we could jam with the pads that night. Also, Isaac wants to come as well.
Back to top Go down
theredfox
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
theredfox

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:43 am

LOL at waring on sat
Back to top Go down
Bobbin
Forum Freak
Forum Freak
Bobbin

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:49 am

They managed without us. : D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ok its music time...   ok its music time... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ok its music time...
Page 1 of 1